June 22, 2017
CINCINNATI, Ohio – The Cincinnati Reds and CBTS have announced a new partnership that will allow Reds Front Office executives and scouts to watch players in real time at any one of the team’s seven locations across the United States.
The Reds are leveraging CBTS’ Network as a Service solution, built on Cisco Meraki technology, to create pop-up networks at each of the team’s minor league facilities and Spring Training facility that are accessible through Meraki’s Auto Virtual Private Network technology.
This allows Reds officials to access the network and evaluate minor league players through a live video feed, as opposed to waiting for videos of those players to be transmitted digitally, which is an inefficient, time-consuming and expensive process.
CBTS sourced the necessary Internet connectivity at each Reds location, deployed the solution, and provides 24/7/365 monitoring and management of the network. CBTS’ Network as a Service solution is secure, flexible and will scale to meet the team’s future needs.
“MLB is an extremely competitive landscape, and leveraging NaaS technology from CBTS will give the Reds an important edge as we work to develop top talent and scout across our organization,” said Brian Keys, Vice President of Technology at the Cincinnati Reds.
“CBTS was the obvious technology partner for this initiative given their nationwide reach, first-in-class technical expertise, and longstanding business relationship with the Reds.”
CBTS introduced Network as a Service earlier this year. The solution offers multiple customer benefits including:
- Flexibility: Growing multi-site customers can quickly add new locations to their network without the expense incurred by expensive MPLS solutions.
- No-touch deployment and management: All deployment and related tasks are managed by CBTS, and certified experts manage and support the network 24/7/365.
- Centralized Web Dashboard: Single pane of glass, mobile-enabled cloud dashboard for entire network management leveraging real-time data and network analytics.
- Control Applications, Users, and Devices: Search for users by device type (PC, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) and monitor client or organization application usage.
- Equivalent reliability and security with improved performance over MPLS at a lower cost.
To learn more about Network as a Service from CBTS go to www.CBTS.net.
CBTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cincinnati Bell (NYSE: CBB). The company combines the data networking capabilities of Cincinnati Bell with next-generation managed services that provide companies with flexible solutions for end-to-end IT deployment. The CBTS business model can help organizations increase productivity and operational efficiency while reducing costs and risks through solutions that focus on business continuance, compliance, security, and technology infrastructure. For more information, visit www.cbts.net.
About Cincinnati Bell Inc.
With headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE:CBB) provides integrated communications solutions – including local and long distance voice, data, high-speed Internet and video – that keep residential and business customers in Greater Cincinnati and Dayton connected with each other and with the world. In addition, enterprise customers across the United States rely on CBTS, a wholly-owned subsidiary, for efficient, scalable office communications systems and end-to-end IT solutions. For more information, please visit www.cincinnatibell.com.
Cincinnati Bell Inc.