Each June, we spend the entire month celebrating our LGBTQ employees and their allies. At the various events listed below, we weave dignity, respect, and equality in our workplace culture and community. We also work with other minorities that do not have an equal voice for social justice and equity.
- Cincinnati, Dayton, and NKY Pride Parades
- Flag Raising at City Hall
- Pride festivals and movie nights across the region
Through internal education programs, the Pride ERG aims to impact the inclusion and understanding of the LGBTQ+ community thereby improving the climate for LGBTQ+ employees.
- “Ally Workshop” – Karen Morgan (2019)
- “LGBTQ Allyship Workshop” – Bonnie Meyer (2020)
- “Courageous conversations” podcast – Tom Simpson and Michelle Hall
Lighthouse Youth & Family Services is an amazing organization that created the Safe and Supported program to address the disproportionate homeless population among the LGBTQ youth. It’s a result of Hamilton County being chosen as one of two communities in the nation to lead the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s first-of-its-kind LGBTQ Youth Homelessness Prevention Initiative. Each year we support their initiatives by donating personal care items, organizing fundraising events, and more.